Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Keeping the Faith

I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to blog again. Life has been kinda hectic lately (not that it isn't always)!

First things first: ADOPTION UPDATES

1) We have our second home study visit tonight at 6:30 pm

2) We have another art work auction up - see pics below

3) Please pray for us as we are knee deep in paperwork right now! Those of you who know me well, know that I am very un-organized! This is an issue with TONS of paperwork to get done - all of which has to be very EXACT! No room for error.

4) We are tossing around the idea of having a garage sale this spring. Please contact me if you might be able to donate some stuff! Lee says he doesn't know where we will store a bunch of stuff - but I think we can make it work! I'll keep you posted.

5) Please pray for God's continued financial provision as tons and tons of fees are coming due daily!

6) Last but not least, we have a coffee fundraiser! Not sure if you've noticed it but it's on the sidebar of this blog. Just click the image and it takes you to our store.


Many people have asked when we have to start paying fees. We have actually already paid several fees and have plenty more coming up! Below is a list. These are just a few that I can think of (I'm sure there are more that I haven't thought of)

Fees due basically now (or as soon as we can pay them)

Online Training Course - $175
Passport - $140
Birth Certificates - approx $50
Home study remaining balance - $1,500
Post adoption visits - $735
USCIS fee + Fingerprinting - $890


Can I be honest? Just typing out fees that we owe gives me anxiety. I feel the full weight of the calling from the Lord. This is so much bigger than us and God will have to provide in ways we can't comprehend. We trust that He will. HE has been sweet to speak to me this week about having faith in Him.

Matthew 14:25-31
"During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw Him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said and cried out in fear.
But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
"Come," HE said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out "Lord save me!"
Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. "You of little faith," He said, "Why did you doubt?"

Ahhh there is so MUCH in this passage! I wish I could write on all of it but for times sake I will get straight to a few things!
1) God is capable of the impossible (even walking on water)
2) God invites us to be part of His miracles
3) We HAVE to step out of the boat - step of faith
4) We have to focus on Christ and NOT our circumstances! (Peter began looking at the wind (circumstances) instead of focusing on Christ and thats when he began to sink).
5) Even when we fall - Christ is faithful to extend His hand and rescue us!!

Honestly - this passage was a wake up call. I had began to look at my circumstances instead of staying focused on God. He is calling me to return my focus. It is easy to get distracted and overwhelmed! My circumstances remain the same - the difference is WHO I am looking at! And THAT is the difference between walking on water and sinking.

After all - it is Jesus who invited us to "Come" into this adoption journey! It was HIS idea in the first place. Why would we doubt?

Below are the pics of our next auction piece. Lee and I did this one as well. Same rules apply. Contact me via facebook, text, email, etc and let me know your bid. Once you've bid you are officially in the contest. I will keep you updated on the highest bid until the auction is over! All proceeds go toward our adoption! Yay!

Bidding ends Friday at 12:30 pm.

This piece is approx
18x18










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!