Thursday, May 30, 2013

3 Year Anniversary

Lee and I celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary yesterday, May 29th. 
I will try not to write a bunch of mushy stuff on here :) 
But I will say....
I love him so much more today than I did three years ago.
Don't get me wrong. I loved him then.
But in three short years we have experienced a lot.
God has used different seasons to draw us closer to each other.
God has taken the ugly, the sad, and the happy and graciously weaved it all together to increase our love for Him and for each other. 
HE is teaching us how to dance together through this crazy thing we call LIFE.
And I am thankful for my dancing partner.

We have a lot left to learn. A lot of growing left to do.
I'm not crazy. Three years is but a blink.
However, in ten more I hope I write the same thing.
"I love him more today than I did then."

We spent our anniversary at the beach. In the condo because we were exhausted. 
Ate spaghetti.
With Great Value Ice Cream for dessert. 
One wild toddler running around. 
Another tiny baby kicking inside my belly. 
Life :) 

So, tonight I was browsing for wedding pictures to put in this post and instead I came across honeymoon pictures. 
They made me smile.
So I decided to share.

Three years ago I laid on a beach in Costa Rica with my new husband with no idea what life held.
Three years later... we know that life for us holds THREE sons. 

Honeymoon Costa Rica - May 2010

Our private 3 bedroom villa - mountainside overlooking ocean

kayaking on the beach
There were literally probably 5 people on this beach. 

Our private chef, Ernesto.
He was an AMAZING chef.
Spoke no English :) but he could cook!! 


We seriously took pictures of every meal because we were so amazed.
Above is stuffed lobster and fish, homemade strawberry cheesecake and a typical breakfast.
Yes we had LOTS of left overs. 

We visited Nicaragua for a day. Too many pics to post.

Horseback Riding on 3 different beaches - all empty but beautiful.
It was Me, Lee and our non-English speaking guide :) 

Mud Bath

Ernesto heard that we were going on top of the mountain to watch the sunset one evening.
So he sent us a surprise delivered by golf cart.
Wine and snacks before dinner.


There are so many pics I could post from that trip, but I'm probably boring you by now :) 

I love this last picture. 
I look at it and smile.
Because in the moment it was snapped, it was just 2 of us. 
We had no idea what God had in store for our lives.
Still don't :) 

Hoping by our 10 year anniversary we can afford to take another trip like that!
For now... I'm gonna enjoy the Alabama coast.
Grabbing cookies and milk for dessert tonight! 
And yes.. I will let my toddler dip in the same milk glass as me. And when his cookie gets too soggy, I will just give him a new one!

Happy 3 years LEE! 





1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments!