Friday, May 31, 2013

9 months waiting!



I wrote down the date during my quiet time this morning.
9 MONTHS we have officially been on the waiting list with our adoption agency!
I can't decide if it's flown by or seems like it's taking forever. I guess both.

So what does that mean? How much longer do we have to wait?
I wish we knew the answer to that.
Although we don't have an exact answer, we can at least give you guys an idea of where we are in the waiting.

Currently our agency estimates an average wait time of 24-30 months from DTE (Dossier to Ethiopia) until Referral (being matched with a child).

Our DTE date was August 31, 2012.

That's where I am getting 9 months officially waiting (even though we've been in the process over a year).

Let's use out agency's estimates to calculate.

30 - 9 = 21 months.

So for today, "approximately" 21 more months of waiting until we get a referral (match).

I put quotations around "approximately" because those wait times are always subject to change. International adoption is unpredictable.

Hope that helps answer some questions.

Keep praying for us and Malachi in the wait. It seems like forever, but he will be so worth it!

Oh yeah. In the craziness of life I forgot to post that we officially became a "concurrent family" on May 3rd.
Concurrent family just means that we are cleared to continue pursuing adoption even though I am pregnant. We keep our spot on the waiting list.
For those of you who didn't see my blog on concurrent family, it was basically just paperwork and updates with our social worker to get approved.
The letter was written in our favor. Our agency reviewed it, our whole case, and on May 3rd I received an email saying "congratulations, you're officially a concurrent family."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!