Thursday, June 13, 2013

I've been a little sad...

So, I've been in somewhat of a "funk" lately.
Last Friday we received an email about some new changes in Ethiopian adoptions.
These changes have been put in place by the U.S. government to protect children and help cut down on corruption in adoption.
Unfortunately, the email notified families that the wait times for bringing a child home will probably yet again increase due to these changes.
Another adoptive mom in our agency wrote a blog describing the exact changes that are taking place.
If you are interested in knowing more, please read her blog by clicking

HERE

Honestly, there are so many dynamics to international adoption, so many steps, so much "red tape" that it is hard to describe it on a blog post.
So I am not even going to attempt.

In a nutshell, more change has happened and the time it will take for us to actually have Malachi in our arms continues to increase.
And this mama's heart is sad.
Lee and I long to see our little man. We long to hold him. We long to begin life with him.
Yet we wait.

On Saturday morning (after the email on Friday), I woke up and just began praying about adoption. I opened the Word for my morning study and stopped on this scripture.

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD, 
I will be joyful in God my Savior." 

Habakkuk 3:17-18


Although our home remains without Malachi
Although the journey seems hopeless and never-ending
We will rejoice in the LORD.
We will be joyful in our Savior because He is faithful to complete the work that He has called us to.

This is where we are today.
My emotions may be crazy
But God is still on the throne
We may be surprised
But HE is not.

Continue to pray for us and for orphans all over the world.
Pray for God to defend the cause of the Fatherless.


1 comment:

  1. Oh that verse is so good and exactly what I need to hear right now! Thank you so much for sharing it....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!