Monday, November 17, 2014

4 years ago...

November 17, 2010 is a day that Lee and I will never forget. It was the day that the Lord confirmed to both of us that He had indeed called us to adopt. We took this picture that night.
 
 
I am so thankful for this photo. It is such a tangible reminder of God's calling on our lives.
 
But y'all.... that was FOUR years ago!
Four years and we are STILL on this journey!!
We have learned a lot and grown a lot since that night, but our desire for our son only increases by the day! Our passion for orphans has not faded.
 
Today was a hard day.
 
My heart is so heavy over our adoption. I desperately long to see Malachi's face. I long to have these days of waiting behind us. This mother's heart aches for a child that she has not yet seen, felt or heard.
 
Still we wait.
 
God's timing is perfect. His will is perfect. He knows our past, present and future.
I trust that He is working all things together for His purposes.
 
It's still hard.
 
I am not sure when Malachi will come home, but I know two amazing brothers that are waiting on him!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please continue to pray for us and that God would bring our boy home quickly!!


1 comment:

  1. Praying for y'all. He is faithful! Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!