Saturday, November 17, 2012

2 years ago...

Two years ago today (November 17, 2010), God confirmed His call for Lee and I to adopt. It is a day we will never forget. My tear filled eyes met Lee's tear filled eyes and an overwhelming sense of joy filled both of us! We didn't even have to exchange words. It was as if time stood still for a moment.

We knew.

The call was clear.

We were going to be parents and we were ecstatic. On that day, we didn't know any details about when or where we would adopt from. On that day, it didn't matter. We were just so excited to begin the journey!

Today. We celebrate 2 years!

God loves details. If you have ever studied the Bible in any depth, you are fully aware of this. He loves details and He loves to make his children smile.

We went to visit my cousin, Jill, today. She surprised me with an "Africa Coloring Book" that she had found on her recent trip to Birmingham. She explained to me how she had planned to send it by mail, but things didn't work out so she decided to give it to me today :)

Jill had no idea that today was our "adoption anniversary."

God did.

I also received an email this morning. It was an email explaining that today is none other than:
"National Adoption Day!"

I just smiled when I read the email.

As if National Adoption Day and an Africa Coloring book were not good enough "anniversary gifts" from the Lord... He kindly put the icing on the cake when I arrived home tonight. I checked the mail and there it sat.... Another check from Pinelake Church supporting our adoption! (more on that later).

Oh How He Loves Us!

I knew today was something to be remembered, but honestly, I thought it would be "just another day." I didn't expect ANY of the above things. I don't deserve any of them. But I am thankful for them.

In all honesty... Above all else, I am overjoyed at the thought that God loves me enough to make me smile. He knew that today was special for Lee and I. Nobody else knew, but He did. He knew that I had mentally marked this day in my mind weeks ago. He knows it is a special date to me.

And honestly.

I think today is special for Him too. Today marked a day that two of His children said "yes" to His call. A call that would forever change them and their relationship with Him. A call that would not be easy, but would totally be worth it!

Thank you, Lord, for sweetly and continually confirming Your call on our lives!



The coloring book! Thanks, Jill.
It's almost as if I could see God whispering to you in the store, "buy this for Abby! I need to give her an anniversary gift." :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!