Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Around the house

Random blog tonight.

Just some different things we've been doing around the house today.
I am constantly working hard to try and figure out ways to save money or make our household function more efficiently.
There are TONS of amazing blogs by moms who are much wiser than me when it comes to running a household and saving money. So I do what any rookie wife/mom would do - I copy them :))
Moneysavingmom.com is where I got the following PB & J idea.
#brilliant

So around our house today we focused on lunches for the next 2 weeks. Work lunches that is.
Now, I can't tell you penny for penny how much we will save because that wasn't technically the goal.
The goal is to make lunches easier to fix in the mornings (during crunch time) because if we don't feel like dealing with the hassle, we usually just say "oh well, I will just buy something at work."



So. We made PB&J sandwiches, placed them in freezer bags, and popped them into the freezer. I did this last week and it worked beautifully. You just pull them out of the freezer in the morning, put them in your lunch box and they are easily thawed out by lunch.
Hassle of making sandwiches = eliminated.

We also went ahead and placed chips, fruit, and things such as trail mix into snack size ziplock bags.
Hassle of side items = eliminated.

The next thing I did today was make homemade sugar cookies for the first time!
Why? Because I need to learn how! I'm going to have 3 hungry boys in my home who will want to make cookies and I gotta head up the project :))

Thanks cousin Jill for teaching me the family recipe!



Homemade icing! Miller and I liked it. Lee says it could use some tweaking :))



Fish and dinosaurs were the cutouts of choice today!



"slapping" on the icing :))
We kept it white today.
Sorry if the sloppiness makes you OCD people cringe.

Cookies = success.

Thanks for joining my randomness.

Oh and feel free to share blogs you love that focus on saving money and home management. Im a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!